Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sushi!

So, many people believe that you can't have sushi when you're pregnant but they are wrong! My doctor said it was ok. He said women in Japan have been eating sushi throughout their pregnancy and nary a concern do they have.

This was good news as I was having a major sushi craving this week. I may have been craving the miso more than the sushi but who can pass up the bento box lunch special!


All this plus miso for $8.50? Yes please!

I happened to be in the lovely city of Sun Valley when lunch time arrived. Please note: city names in Los Angeles are extremely misleading. Sun Valley? more like S@#* Valley! Hawaiian Gardens? Not so much Hawaii or Garden. Watts? Well, I think you get my point!

So I am in Sun Valley and I check my phone to find the nearest Sushi joint and there happened to be one right down the street. The outside was quite sketchy being situated in a tiny strip mall with bars on the door. I tentatively walked in and was pleasantly surprised. Plus, they had the coveted bento box lunch special.
I ordered and was quite happy with my experience. They even had instructions on the wall to help clueless customers!

My favorite is the 4th one down!


As much as I enjoyed my lunch I hit a wall after I finished. So tired I couldn't even go on with my day. I googled this and apparently fatigue hits many women after eating lunch. Of course I have learned that almost any symptom googled "while pregnant" can be justified by numerous women. This may not be a good thing!

I will have to stick to small, snack type lunches from now on to avoid the dreaded wall but I will continue to enjoy sushi...at dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment